Tilt (check us out here) is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and help us scale our business. In this role you will lead, grow, and develop a team of 3-6 Software Engineers and collaborate closely with the product team, designers, and tech lead to deliver quality products at speed. This position is a full-time role reporting to the VP of Engineering. Below is a description of the role and responsibilities, including the things you will be held accountable for and the virtues, behaviors and competencies that are expected for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hold regular 1:1s and deliver continuous feedback to your direct reports.
- Hire and build out a diverse team while fostering inclusion and belonging.
- Identify high-value projects & keep the team laser-focused on these projects.
- Using Jira to manage project scope and ensure technical deliverables are met.
- Drive team metrics and insights using analytic tools like Metabase and Mixpanel
- Communicate estimations and timelines to stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and enable growth for direct reports.
- Lead with empathy and compassion while focusing on team performance.
Things you will be held accountable for:
- You have a passion for growing individuals through their career and helping folks find career defining opportunities.
- You are outcome driven and can effectively measure how engineering projects map up to company goals.
- You must appropriately balance immediate and long-term product-focused work with strategic technical investments.
- You keep up-to-date technically and understand our systems and services in order to facilitate technical decision making.
- You are a steward for privacy by design and best security practices
- You are a comfortable using a lot of systems at once, and have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
You’re a great fit if:
- You have experience and a proven track record of managing an engineering team and delivering a SaaS product
- You have experience tracking and ensuring productivity across multiple teams
- You are technically inclined and have hands on software engineering experience
- You have the proven ability to balance your time between strategy execution and growth
- You are comfortable using technical jargon and translating the information for our sales and customer success teams
- You are self motivated and open to jumping right in to help us figure things out (aka - we’re looking for you to help us build this company!!)
- You’re fearlessly flexible, curious; aka you thrive in this environment and love a challenge!
Health & Family First
You balance work and personal life effectively
You get things done at a pace consistent with the business needs
You show up and are reliable
You lead by example when setting healthy work expectations for your direct reports
Autonomy + Team. Always
You are highly organized and can manage multiple priorities and targeted releases at once
You are focused on scale and building - you understand that pace is equally as important as quality
You drive and facilitate decision making
When you don’t know, you ask for help
You keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the technologies your team supports
You enjoy helping others grow and building lasting relationships
Love Our Customers
You show empathy and compassion; you strive to meet people where they are to offer maximum support
You understand that customers can be both internal and external to the company
You go with the flow and deal with (lots) of ambiguity
You’re not afraid to work without clear direction
You like working together with others to help define the path forward
The projected annual salary range is $145,000 - $165,000 USD plus stock options (ISOs), because we believe everyone should have some stake in our business. We are people-first and this ain’t some PR jazz, we truly give a damn about our peeps!
Additional benefits include:
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits paid at 100% for all employees and 50% for dependents.
401k + match (100% match on the first 3%, 50% match on the next 2%)
$100 monthly to spend on “What Matters Most”
Responsible Time Off - take what you need, when you need it!
More about our amazing Perks and Benefits can be found here!
More about Tilt
Tilt’s mission is big: make leave not suck. We are building a product that makes it easy for people to switch between work and life. If you join us, you’ll be part of a fearless band of humans helping employers balance empathy with economics. We’re changing the status quo and it’s hard. You should know that now. You should also know that joining Tilt means the opportunity to be a change-maker. We’re thinkers, doers, revolutionaries, dreamers, get shit done-ers, and bold enough to tackle a really complex space.
Remote Work & Flexibility
We are a fully remote company. We are committed to being fearlessly flexible and ensuring that all employees are set up and have the autonomy to do their best work, as well as have the balance to care for their health, family and life outside of work. Overall, we trust our team and are focused on outcomes not outputs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate and support our differences. We believe in the power of equality which is why we are an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Tilt is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to their professional competence. Tilt does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
You must be authorized to work in the US.
So what do you say? Do you want to join our team?